A collection of Lectionary resources for the
Updated every Sunday night.
Next Sunday's Readings:
Full text of the Sunday Bible readings, following the Revised Common, Episcopal, Roman Catholic, Anglican Church of Canada, and Church of England Lectionaries. The text is from the NRSV translation of the Bible (except for the Episcopal Psalm, which is from the US Book of Common Prayer) and is in RTF format, which is editable by nearly all word processors. Clicking on one of the links below will probably bring up a "helper program" (WordPad or MS Word if you have Windows). You may then either read the file, or save it to disk and then read or edit it with your favorite Word Processor.
Sunday and Daily Bible readings according to the use of the Episcopal Church. You may choose either the Revised Standard (RSV) or New Revised Standard (NRSV) versions of the Bible.
Sunday Eucharistic Lectionary: The Bible readings used for Sunday Services in the Episcopal Church.
Daily Office and Daily Eucharistic Lectionary: Old Testament, New Testament, Psalm, and Gospel readings for every day of the year, in either the New Revised Standard (NRSV) or Revised Standard (RSV) Versions of the Bible. The Psalms are from the 1979 Episcopal Church's Book of Common Prayer. Daily Eucharistic Readings are taken from Lesser Feasts & Fasts. Today's readings are also available in the ESV (English Standard Version) from the publisher.
- Week of the Seventh Sunday after the Epiphany (Feb. 19 - 25): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Last Sunday after the Epiphany (Feb. 26 - March 4): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the First Sunday in Lent (March 5 - 11): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Second Sunday in Lent (March 12 - 18): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Third Sunday in Lent (March 19 - 25): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Fourth Sunday in Lent (March 26 - April 1): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Fifth Sunday in Lent (April 2 - 8): NRSV, RSV
- Holy Week (April 9 - 15): NRSV, RSV
- Easter Week (April 16 - 22): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Second Sunday of Easter (April 23 - 29): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Third Sunday of Easter (April 30 - May 6): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Fourth Sunday of Easter (May 7 - 13): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Fifth Sunday of Easter (May 14 - 20): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Sixth Sunday of Easter (May 21 - 27): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Seventh Sunday of Easter (May 28 - June 3): NRSV, RSV
- Week of Pentecost (Proper 4, June 4 - 10): NRSV, RSV
- Week of Trinity Sunday (Proper 5, June 11 - 17): NRSV, RSV
- Week of the Second Sunday after Pentecost (Proper 6, June 18 - 24): NRSV, RSV
Calendar View: Links to all the above readings by way of a monthly calendar.
Feasts, Holy Days, and Commemorations: We have two lists of all these, as observed in the Episcopal Church: one by date (similar to that on pages 19-31 in the Book of Common Prayer), and one alphabetical. Both have been updated to reflect additional commemorations voted by General Convention, and both have links to bios, collects, and lectionary texts. At the 2015 General Convention, specific readings for each person commemorated were replaced by choices of readings; we will also keep the original readings at least until GC 2018. Many of the collects were also revised.
Archives page: Links to all the files - in case you need readings for some day other than what's on this page.
Today's devotion from Forward Day by Day, based on the Daily Office Readings.
Lectionary links to the NRSV version of the Bible are thanks to Simon Kershaw and oremus.org.
When Will It Be Read? Have you ever
come across a Bible reading and wondered when it will be read as part
of the Sunday Lectionary? Now you can find out!
We have it in two forms: one is a simple table, which gives a complete index of Bible passages and when they will be part of the Sunday Episcopal Lectionary.
The other is an Excel spreadsheet, which has the RCL, Roman Catholic, Episcopal, Lutheran, and Methodist lectionaries keyed to Bible passages. Thanks to Jenee Woodard of textweek.com and Andee Zetterbaum.
An Excel Spreadsheet containing the (former)
Eucharistic (Sunday & Holy Day) readings for the Episcopal Church. Thanks
to Andee Zetterbaum for providing this.
Also, Excel spreadsheets with the ECUSA Daily Lectionary readings, for both Year One and Year Two. Thanks to Tommy D Sheppard for providing this.
Webmaster: Charles Wohlers, mailto:email@example.com
Visit the Book of Common Prayer Home Page.
Last updated: 23 April 2017